Monday, August 24, 2015

Insta Q&A!


Hi Guys!!

So I did a Q&A on my Instagram and thought it would be a good idea to take it all and put it in one place so everyone cal access it and read if they want! I've tried to simplify it but just showing what the question and answer was and spacing it by conversation! So I hope that helps and makes it easier to read!

I am going to be doing an updated blog about my current routine and such this week so stay tuned!

XOXO
Jenna

Q&A

Q: Did you ever follow Kaylas help guide or do you just eat clean?
A: I eat intuitively, so neither actually!! I eat when and what my body wants! I try to balance whole foods and "treat" foods 80:20❤️

Q: did u lose weight like so fast?
A: it’s actually been over a year and a half!! I did @kayla_itsines BBG for over a year! And just lifting for about the last month and a half!

Q: What do you think leaned your legs out most? Liss, hiit, or resistance training? I eat a healthy healthy clean diet 80% of the time but I don't see any results in my thighs:( any advice? Also what do you do for liss?
A: I think it was the resistance training and even more so now because of heavy squats! Of course cardio burns fat, I do 15-20 mins about 3x/week! But my legs never leaned out like they did now before I did @kayla_itsines BBG and lifting !

Q: I have been running & lifting regularly for several years now-do you think Kayla Itsines BBG guide would still be effective for me?
A: I really think it would be! It's a different kind of training that works you body in different ways! And it has a lot more cardio content in the resistance training days where as lining doesn't, so I think you would definitely still see results!

Q: How did you learn what weight exercises to do? Do you follow a workout guide/regimen that tells you what to do each day?
A: honestly when it comes to weights I wing it! I do what I feel each day so no I don't follow anything! I get ideas from Instagram from people like @mrswaltman @sarah_bowmar and @bdawnfit ❤️ they always post videos!

Q: What’s a normal day of eating for you?! You look amazing
A: I usually eat lots of protein for breakfast! Protein coffee, with something with with protein like cereal with protein in the milk, proats, or protein pancakes! Then fruits, veggies, yogurt, rice cakes, fiber one cookies throughout the day! I've been having turkey sandwiches with pretzel chips or pasta chips with it, then some kind or carb before my workout, like a waffle with pb or cream cheese, and protein after my workout! Usually @cellucor protein shake or a quest bar! Then dinner with protein like fish, chicken, shrimp, with veggies or in a sale or with rice or whole wheat pasta! Then I have something sweet for dessert, whatever we have there! Right now it's Texas sheet cake and then a bowl of cereal before bed!

Q: I am in college doing BBG and eating healthy is difficult because all the nutrition plans are so time consuming and expensive. Is there a simple day you could tell me about? Also I want to take supplements I just don't know what to take and when to take them so any info on that is great too. Thank you so much. I really do appreciate people like you willing to take the time to clear up fitness questions for us all
A: I actually just posted about a full day of eating above❤️ and what is your goal supplement wise? Fat loss, muscle building, etc?
Q: My main goal is fat loss so any supplement for that would be great. I also lift weights along with BBG just in case that changes what I should be taking
A: I would recommend superhd and or c4 ripped (both have stimulants) and you can stack it with CLK(no stimulants! I will tag you in the posts that I went into detail about them and then you can let me know if you have any questions❤️

Q: How do you split up your workouts? Like certain days for arms/legs/back etc?
Q: What is your workout schedule for the week like? ( such as the BBG w weights and cardio) And do you enjoy treats any time you feel like it vs a cheat meal? And do you incorporate lots of carbs? @jenmariemclean
A: honestly I wing it! I make sure I do legs 2x and arms 2x and fit in a day or abs and full body, but it's not set for specific days! If something comes it I can move it around! I think that's what makes me so much more comfortable, I felt like I couldn't do that with BBG! And yes I try to incorporate treats every day but I do have means that I would consider "treat meals" that I wouldn't eat normally! And yes, more carbs than anything! Bread, cereal, fruits, rice cakes, rice, etc!


Q: Do you drink alcohol? I go back to school in a few days and I normally go out 3-4 days a week. Im not a big drinker/ partier but there's only 4 years of college! Im just wondering if it will make a huge difference in my progress if I drink 1-2 nights a week
A: I have 1-2 drinks maybe 2-3 times a month, I don't enjoy it at all so it's not like I've restricted for dieting reasons, but I would say it depends on how much and what! If your drinking till your drunk each time and drinking beer or liquor with coke or something that's going to be a lot of calories, the avg amount of calories drank when someone gets drunk is around 1200-1500! so I'd say it definitely depends on the amount!

Q: How much do you currently weigh?? @jenmariemclean
A: I'm consistently around 134 right now and I'm 5'6 1/2”❤️

Q: do you think you Will be able to keep up like that forever (with that amount of training)? You seem to balanced it well, you look amazing
A: I really hope so! I know it will change a lot when I get married and have kids and my own house, but it's all about making time, I never have time, especially with school, I make the time! So even though it will get harder, I've seen amazing moms like @mrswaltman and @bottlesandbarbells rock it so I hope I can do as well as they do❤️ thank you doll!

Q: What’s your best tip for losing the last bit of belly fat? I don't have much but I just can't seem to get ride of the last little bit
A: if you want to try some supplements I would definitely recommend @cellucor superhd! It took it to a whole new level for me! That last bit is hard but with super HD and killing your workouts it definitely makes a difference!! I just did a post about a bunch of cellucor products I will tag you in!!

Q: What’s the best advice you have for getting such amazing abs!? (Both diet and exercise tips)
A: thank you doll! but I stay consistent with my workouts and always engage my core no matter what I'm working!! I also saw a huge difference when I upped my protein intake with powder, bars, and meats and fish! I've said before I eat intuitively so I keep 80% of what I eat pretty clean and nutrient dense! It makes a huge difference! But I also eat the "treats" every day to keep my metabolism guessing!!

Q: How often do you grocery shop? And do you do all of your shopping at Target? I just have trouble with money and can't spend a lot. I try to stick to easy recipes with few ingredients ❤
A: probably once every 1 1/2- 2 weeks! And stop here and there for fresh stuff! But good lord no!! I never grocery shop at target! There's little treats here and there I get if I have a few extra dollars, but I do all my shopping at Walmart! I buy cost effective! Frozen chicken, bulk rice, etc! 

Q: Hi! I work out consistently (lifting and cardio) and eat without restrictions, similar to the 80:20 method I'm searching for Supplements to burn fat and weight loss? Thanks in advance :)
A: I would recommend @cellucor superhd and or c4 ripped! I will tag you in the posts that I went into a lot of detail about those two supplements! They are fabulous for fat loss and taking your results to the next level!❤️ lemme know if you have any questions after you read my other posts!

Q: What do u eat for snacks? So like I do breakfast, snack around 11, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, snack. Is that how many meals u do? How many are from a package like a protein bar or something? Also my fitness question other than nutrition one is how do u keep the tiny waist!? My waist has like no fat on it but idk if it's cuz I had kids but it seems thicker like just not so skinny.
A: I honestly don't know how many meals I get! I eat whenever my body feels I need it!! I eat things like fiber one cookies, dried fruit, regular cookies, string cheese, rice cakes, ritz chips as for "packaged" stuff. I eat protein bars after my workout and protein powder throughout the day in my coffee and breakfast and such! If you look a little farther up and described a full day of eating, but I will try to do a food diary soon!! But as for my waist, I do one ab day a day and leg lifts 3-4 days a week, like 3x10! Nothing extreme! Just that and my diet!


Q: Thank you so much @jenmariemclean how much protein from the bars and powder would you suggest taking a day? (I have whey and quest bars) and also I'm currently doing kayla's bbg, do you suggest doing any other ab exercises in addition to those?
A: I would say I get anywhere from 40-60g from powders and bars! And for over a year I did no extra exercises but I do love hanging leg lifts for the lower abs ❤️

Q: What are your favorite healthy food spots in Pittsburgh?
A: I love @saludjuicery, first watch cafe, @herbantouchjuicelab, there's a new salad place called sprouts that makes salads and wraps that's awesome! I know the one I'm thinking of is in beaver pa, but I know there's other ones too!


Q: Hi what supplements would you recommend ?
A: what are your goals? fat loss, muscle building, reduced soreness, etc?
Q: My goal is to get rid of the last bit of belly and build muscle
A: I would recommend the @cellucor corwhey for muscle building as well as its thermogenic properties! And as for fat burners I would say superhd and or c4 ripped, which are both stimulants, and can be stacked with CLK for the non stim!! I'll tag you in posts that I've talking more in depth about these products❤️ and lemme know if you have any questions!!

Q: I have been eating clean and on week 10 of Kaylas guide, i missed week 10abs on friday and have eaten horrible the past 3 days, i feel bloated and fat and dont see my baby abs anymore and feel so unmotivated  im starting week 11 legs tomorrow but idk why i feel so horrible and fat? Is there anytime youve experienced this and how you delt with it? Please i need some help! you are such an inspiration!
A: I've been there! Honestly just get back in to working out and drink lots of water!! It happens when you body isn't used to the food you were eating! It really does happen but the BEST thing you can do is not to dwell on it and get back into the swing of things! You will get back to how you were in no time❤️ I hope that helps doll!!



No comments:

Post a Comment