Monday, December 28, 2015

Beat the Holiday Bloat!

Hi Guys!!

I hope you all had a fabulous holiday with your loved ones! Along with some fabulous food ;) I enjoyed ALL the food without one bit of regret and it felt so good! I feel like I finally have reached the ultimate balance by letting myself be okay with eating alllll the foods and not working out much at all. Of course its something I will still have to work at every day but I feel so good about it!

With that being said, I do love my healthy life style and my body is used to it so I have been having some tummy upset and bloating! So here are my tips to combat that!

  1. Get Moving! It doesn't have to be intense workout, or even going to the gym! Go for a walk, play with little cousins/nieces and nephews, go shopping or just walk around the mall! This helps you body with getting everything on the inside moving incase you've been more "couch potato mode" like I have!
  2. HYDRATE! Drink water! Even when you aren't thirsty! After lots of food I don't typically eat and some not so hydrating drinks, I try to get about a gallon in a day! Do as much as you can! Yes its going to make you have to pee more BUT its healthy!
  3. Green Tea and Belly Detox tea! NO NO not weight loss tea! The tea I get if from republic of tea and its called "Get Clean" and it stimulates your liver to get rid of toxins and helps get you body back to normal! It will NOT make you run to the bathroom like I've heard other detox teas will. Just the typical liquid stuff effect! ;)
  4. Get back to your normal foods! Whole grains, greens, proteins, veggies, fruits! Get back into those whole foods that make you body feel GOOD! The way I see it is the holiday foods are SOUL foods and the healthy foods are WHOLE foods, we need both, but the soul foods a little more in moderation! I like to meal prep after a lot of heavier eating so that I have the healthy options available instead of leftovers!
  5. Last but not least! DONT OVERCOMPENSATE! Dont under eat to make up for it OR over exercise! Your body with react the exact opposite way and it will cause more harm than good! Do things that naturally help your body out with balancing everything again! Like the things I listed above! Love your body, It will love you back!
Alright guys so there are my go to tips! Remember everyone is different and it can take a few days to feel back to normal but you CAN get there! Dont get discouraged from your routine pre-holiday and be okay with enjoying this time with your friends and family!

XOXO 

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment